Organizers (Basic): Create & Apply Templates
For TaxDome Pro users only. Upgrade at any time.
TaxDome organizers allow you to create interactive questionnaires to efficiently gather client information. Having all your FAQs ready to go will save loads of time. Plus, automate your organizers inside pipelines so that they go out to clients right when they need to—without you having to click a single button.
- Creating Organizer Templates
- Applying Organizer Templates
- Adding Default Organizers From Our Library
- Automating Sending Organizers to Clients
- Editing Organizer Templates
- Duplicating Organizer Templates
- Deleting Organizer Templates
Creating Organizer Templates
An organizer template can be created by a firm owner, admin or any team member with access rights to manage templates. Create them so that you have them readily available to use and further customize when needed.
For more helpful how-to videos, visit TaxDome Academy, our free online hub for
viewing and learning everything you need to know about TaxDome.
To create an organizer template, go to Settings from the left sidebar, choose Templates in the menu bar, select Organizers, then click Create Template.
Or access this page by selecting the Create Organizer automation while creating or editing a pipeline, then click New template.
An organizer has sections and questions; each question belongs to a section. Below, learn more about the numbered fields on the Create Organizer Template page.
1. Template name: Enter what you want to call the template. You’ll see this name when selecting it.
2. Organizer name: Enter the name your client will see for the organizer. Click + Add shortcode to individualize it: Shortcode includes dynamic data that gets replaced with, for example, a client’s name or the date. Want more info on shortcodes? Go here.
3. Notify about document upload: Toggle this on if you want to receive notifications about documents uploaded to the organizer. For more details, go here.
4. Organizer self-service: Toggle this on if you want clients to create organizers on their own based on this template. For more details, go here.
5. Automatically seal after submission. Toggle this on if you want a client to keep the client from making any new changes. Learn more here.
6. Section name: Enter a heading for the first section (e.g., Personal Details).
7. Section name gear icon: Click the gear icon to choose this section’s settings. Toggle on Allow client to repeat to let clients replicate sections (for more details, go here). If you want a new section to be displayed when a client answers a question a certain way, click the gear icon to toggle on Conditions, then set up conditional logic jumps (for more details, go here).
8. Free entry and Text block gear icons:
- Click the gear icon to make a question mandatory, then toggle on Required. The client won’t be able to submit an organizer until all mandatory questions are answered.
- If you want a new question or text block to be displayed when a client answers a question a certain way, click the gear icon to toggle on Conditions, then set up the conditional logic jumps (for more details, go here).
- Provide details that explain a question by toggling on Add explanation. Next, fill in the field. The explanation is displayed beneath the question.
9. + Question: Select the type of question or request from the pull-down.
How the client sees it:
- Free Entry is for entering text, such as a name, address, or company.
- Number is for entering numerals, such as number of children or an SSN.
- Date is for entering a day, month and year, such as a DOB.
- Radio Buttons offer a list of options, such as a company type (e.g., nonprofit or LLC).
- Checkboxes display little boxes that can be checked off.
- Yes/No is for yes/no answers to questions like “Are you married?”
- File Upload provides a place to upload with the name of the doc that needs uploading. (Documents uploaded to an organizer are saved to the most recently created top-level client folder with Client can view and edit access.)
10. + Text Block: Click to drop a block of text.
11. Add Section: Click to create extra sections.
12. Save: When all the questions are added, save the template.
Note: Empty sections without questions or text blocks won’t save. You’ll need to fill those in or delete them.
Applying Organizer Templates
Once you’ve created a template, you’re ready to use it to gather data from clients to start your work:
1. Create a new organizer either by clicking + NEW and selecting Organizer or by selecting the recipients in your accounts list, then clicking Send Organizer.
2. Click the Organizer template list to expand it, then select a template.
3. Edit the organizer name or click + Add shortcode to individualize the title. Shortcode includes dynamic data that gets replaced with, for example, a client’s name or the date. For more info on shortcodes, go here.
4. Continue by enabling reminders and linking the organizer to jobs.
Note: If there is more than one recipient, you won’t be able to link the organizer to jobs.
Adding Default Organizers From Our Library
We offer default organizer templates that you can edit:
1. Go to Settings from the left sidebar menu, select Templates in the menu bar, open the Organizers tab, then click COPY FROM LIBRARY.
2. Click on the copy icon to the far right of the template you want to add. Now, click on the name to begin editing.
Editing Organizer Templates
1. To make changes to an organizer template, go to Settings from the left sidebar, select Templates in the menu bar, open the Organizers tab, then click on the organizer template name in the list.
2. Move or delete questions and sections using the icons to the far right of the section name or question. Once you’ve finished making changes to the organizer template, click SAVE.
Note: The changes you make to an organizer template are not reflected in the organizers that have already been created from the same template.
Duplicating Organizer Templates
Create a new organizer template from an existing one: Click the three dots to the far right of the organizer template name, then select Duplicate. The organizer’s copy will be saved with a suffix (e.g., Organizer (2)).
Deleting Organizer Templates
To avoid clutter, remove an organizer template if you don’t need it anymore. Click the three dots to the far right of the organizer template name, select Delete in the pull-down, then confirm by clicking DELETE. All organizers created for clients with that template will still remain.
Tip: Check out TaxDome Academy for our courses.
Conditional Logic Jumps
Notifications for Document Uploads in Organizers
Organizer Visible to Client (Self Service), Explained