Email (Basic): Send, Reply, Print, Add Images
This page is for TaxDome Pro users only. Upgrade anytime!
For more helpful how-to videos, visit TaxDome Academy, our free online hub for
viewing and learning everything you need to know about TaxDome.
No need to use your Gmail or a third-party app while you’re working: TaxDome offers its own secure integrated email. Sync your email account with TaxDome to keep all your TaxDome business in one place and enhance your back-and-forth with clients.
- Sending Email
- How Do I Know That a Client Has Sent an Email?
- Replying to Email
- Adding Attachments
- Adding Images to Email
- Searching Email
- Printing Email Thread
There are several ways to send email:
- Sending Email Using + New
- Sending Email in Bulk From the Accounts List
- Sending Email to Clients via Automation
Sending Email Using + New
To send email from any page of your portal, click + NEW in the left sidebar menu, select Email from the slide-out menu, choose the account, then write the email. That’s it! Click SEND.
Note: You cannot send email to a client if NOTIFY is toggled off for their email address in the Contacts section of their account (for more details, go here).
See below for more details on our message features.
Sending Email in Bulk From the Accounts List
Sometimes you need to send the same email to lots of clients, like letting everyone know about an upcoming deadline or update.
To send an email in bulk, go to the Clients section from your left sidebar menu, select the checkboxes next to the desired accounts, click on @Send Email, then write the email or select a template. That’s it! Click Send to all.
Below, find out what to do in each numbered section:
1. Template: Click and select one of the email templates you’ve created from the pull-down menu. Email templates are especially useful for messages you frequently send to clients.
2. Mode: Select the contacts or accounts mode to be able to add dynamic data to your message, such as the email recipient’s name or the date. For more about shortcodes, go here.
3. From: You can send an email on behalf of another team member by selecting their name in the From field.
Note! The team member will need to have toggled on Allow others to send from my email in their TaxDome account settings.
4. To: Depending on the mode you chose, you can select accounts or individual contacts as recipients.
5. Subject: This gets automatically filled in when you use a template.
6. Add shortcode: Include dynamic data to individualize your messages. Depending on the mode you chose, you’ll be able to use different types of shortcodes, including the ones based on custom fields. Shortcodes can be added to the subject line as well as to the body of the email. For more on shortcodes, go here.
7. Message: This gets automatically filled in when you use a template.
8. Attach file: For more about this feature, see below.
9. Schedule email: Schedule when the email should go out. For more about this, go here.
10. Send preview to me: Click to see what your message will look like before hitting send.
11. Send: Send the email to all selected accounts/contacts.
Plus, there’s more:
- Use tags to filter an accounts list to specific recipients. For example, payroll clients may need to receive different emails than corporate clients.
- Email is sent from the email account you synced with TaxDome; you’ll also see it in the Email section inside the Sent tab of each recipient’s profile.
- Only 400 emails can be sent per day. If more recipients are selected, TaxDome splits the queue and sends 400 at a time. You’ll receive a notification letting you know how many days it will take to send all of them.
- Clients won’t be able to see the other recipients in the To or CC fields.
Sending Email to Clients via Automation
A Send Email automation can be set up so that an email automatically goes out to the client when one of their jobs moves to a new stage in a pipeline. To send an automated email to a client, you’ll first need a template. Then follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings, select Pipelines, then click on the pipeline name or CREATE PIPELINE.
2. Choose the stage you want to link the automation to, click + Add automation, then select Create Email in the pull-down menu.
3. Select the template for the Send Email automation.
4. Click SAVE to keep your changes. Once the automation is added, you’ll see it by going to the Edit pipeline page and clicking the automation icon above the stage.
Once a job moves to the stage in the pipeline with the Send Email automation, a pop-up with the automation is displayed. If you don’t want an automatic email to go out, deselect the automation, then click MOVE.
How Do I Know That a Client Has Sent an Email?
Whenever a client sends a new email to your firm or replies to an existing message thread, team members who have access to their account will receive a notification in their Inbox+ . When they reply to a thread or there’s a new email in a thread, notifications are updated and anything new is moved to the top. If the thread is archived, it moves to the To Do items. To view the most recent email and respond to it, click Go to....
To access a client-specific inbox, go to Clients from the left sidebar menu, click on the client account name, then navigate to the Email tab. If there are unread emails from the client, a notification is displayed in the Email tab.
Emails are automatically threaded to prevent clutter. To view a conversation, click on the email subject line to see all the replies.
Sent emails are stored inside the Sent tab.
Replying to Emails
To reply to an email:
- Click on the email to expand it, then click on the gray-and-green conversation icon on the right.
- Click inside the To field to add additional recipients.
- Write the email. You can use text formatting, emoji, bullets, numbered lists and more.
- Click SEND.
Note: If you have selected more than one account as a recipient, you won’t be able to add files from TaxDome, since your document storage is account-specific.
There are two options for attaching files to emails sent from TaxDome:
- To add files from your computer, click Attach File, select From My Computer, then locate the file you want to upload. Learn what file types are accepted.
- To add files from TaxDome, click Attach File, select From TaxDome, click the folder, then choose the files. Add files already uploaded to TaxDome from any top-level folders with Client can view and and Client can view and edit access.
Note: If you’re sending a message containing a file from TaxDome to a recipient who is not a TaxDome user, they won’t need a login to access it. To keep the file secure, give the link an expiration date. Find out more about email attachment security.
Adding Images to Emails
Images stored on your laptop cannot be added to emails. Instead, make sure the image is hosted by a third party. To add an image:
1. Upload the image to your server or to an image-hosting site such as imgbb.com.
2. In your browser, right-click on the uploaded image, then select Copy image.
3. Now you can paste it into your email.
To search for a specific message, type a keyword into the search field, then click enter on your keyboard. Search for an email by using the client’s name or a keyword from the email’s subject line or body.
Click the x to clear the search field.
Printing Email Thread
To print a specific thread, click the three dots to the far right of the email thread, then select Print.
Your browser will offer you to print the email thread.
Save Attachments Directly to Client Documents
To learn about saving to a default client folder, go here.
Tip: Check out TaxDome Academy for fun, comprehensive courses to become a TaxDome superstar!